Abusers Seeking Help

December 15, 2016


 Photo credits of Psychology Today 




Are you an abuser and want to change but don't know what to do?

  • You have decided you want to change

  • You have stopped blaming everyone else

  • Ready to take responsibility 


Often times there are abusers who want to change but don’t know how, where, or who to turn to for help.  It is very important that the abuser does not try to seek help from his partner or ex-partner.  He or she needs to seek the help of an independent individual and professional to provide clear directions, assistance and resources.  For those who are ready to make the change in their lives and address the root issues that cause explosive behaviors, cloud your judgment, and /or are triggered, review the information below.  Help is available.


Join a batterer intervention program. These groups are the right place for a controlling person, even one who has not physically assaulted his partner. The most effective groups meet weekly and last at least six months. Many men who begin these groups are not strong or determined enough to stick with them; he needs to go to every session and not drop out. The facilitators and other group members will help him understand the ways he has been abusive and controlling. Becoming accountable is difficult, but many men report that it’s a relief, too. (An anger management program is not the right place for a man who uses coercive control with his partner: they are too short and are geared toward men who explode or have “a short fuse” in general. They do not address the specifics of controlling a partner). Huffingtonpost.com






If you need more information for a location that is near you email us  info@TabulaRasaDV.org or contact one of the locations below.


Family Crisis Center, Inc. of Prince George’s County Family Violence Intervention Clinic (FAMVIC)

3601 Taylor Street
Brentwood, MD 20722

Phone: 301-779-2100
Fax: 301-779-2104
Fees: Sliding scale
Program days/hours: Monday – Friday: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm


Mont. Co. Health & Human Services, Abused Person’s Program New Beginnings Abuser Intervention Program (J & E Associates)

1301 Piccard Dr.
Rockville, MD 20820

Phone: 240-777-4210
Fax: 240-777-4860
Fees: sliding scale fees available
Program days/hours: Groups: Monday – Thursday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm; Saturday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm



My Covenent Place Alpha Project

6010 Gywnn Oaks Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21017

Phone: 443-759-3355
Fees: $25 intake; Sliding fee scale $10-$60

Center for Abused Persons Abuser Intervention Program

2670 Crain Hwy, Suite 303
Waldorf, MD 20601

Phone: 301-645-8994
Fax: 301-645-8342
Fees: $520, sliding scale fees available
Program days/hours: 24-hour hotline

Please reload

Featured Posts

What Is Financial Wellness?

January 5, 2018

Please reload

Recent Posts

December 15, 2016

December 4, 2016

Please reload

Please reload

Search By Tags

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload