1. If you are not safe call 911
2. Contact TRDV 24 hour hotline at 1-877-977-8738 for help
3. Tell somebody and if you are employed schedule a meeting with your HR Director and supervisor for a confidential off the record meeting to discuss your situation.
4. Know where you are going before leaving
5. How are you getting there – if you need transportation assistance contact TRDV for Transportation Relocation Assistance (TRA) services
6. get a bag and leave it at a friend’s/relative’s house with clothes for you and your children.
Car insurance card
Bank cards/credit card (do not use a joint credit or bank card) or prepaid card with money on it
List of medications with dosage for everyone in case you leave them.
Social security cards
Kids shot records
Copy of last year’s taxes
Medical insurance cards
7. Know your partner's schedule so you can plan the time to leave when he/she is not there
8. Coordinate with your children a safe word or text to know what to do and where to meet
9. As soon as you leave and are at your safe location, file your Protective Order (PO)
10. Open your own separate bank account
11. Get counseling established for you and your children immediately (within 48 hours)
12. Utilize your TRDV-LINX to locate the services/products you need.